Other important information.
Your international flight will land in JHB, South Africa. You may need to overnight in JHB. , To reach us @ Chawalo Lodge, Mozambique, you will catch a connecting flight to Lusaka, Zambia. Please see the tab “About us – Travel“ for more detailed information.
You can try the following agencies for travel assistance:
• Travel Express - email@example.com
• Gracy Travel International (Debbie Gracy) - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Custom Travel ( Debbie) - email@example.com
• Discover Africa - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to stay over in Lusaka, we recommend the Protea Hotel Towers – email@example.com
• Current passport ( Valid for 6 months on your return and at least 2 blank pages available )
• Yellow Fever card ( only if coming through Zambia )
• Visa – Please be advised by your travel agent (Not required for people traveling on a US passport)
• US customs form 4457, registering you weapon in the USA.
• SAP 520 form for the temporary import of your firearm/s. click here to download instructions on how to complete the SAP 520 form.
• Motivation letter – stating that you are traveling on safari and require the firearm for hunting purposes.
• Invitational letter from you hunting outfitter, including hunting outfitter`s full contact details.
• Medical records
• Tickets and reservations – Make sure you read instructions, such as confirmation times, check in times and departure times carefully
• Travel insurance details
There are many types of insurance that one can take out for a trip like this. From lost baggage to loss of trophies. In our opinion, most of which are not worth the money.However the one that we do consider very worthwhile is the medical and evacuation insurance offered by Global Rescue. There is a link in the page to their site. Please take a look.
1) Please remember that Mozambique is a malaria area, so you must consult with your physician before your departure date to acquire prophylactics. You need to start your course of prophylactics one week before your departure date, so make arrangements in good time.
2) Vaccinations for Tetanus, Hepatitis A & B are advisable.
3) Yellow Fever – If you are traveling through Zambia, you MUST have a yellow fever card. Please consult with your physician or your closest travel clinic.
Dip and Pack.
We work closely with EMIAC World Wide, based in Johannesburg, South Africa. We will deliver your trophies to them and they will then be responsible for communication with you and your clearing agent @ port of entry, storage, clearance and freighting of your trophies to you via airfreight.
• No alcohol will be consumed at any time during a hunting day, this includes light beers at lunch. Alcohol may only be consumed once the hunting has been terminated for the day.
• All wounded animals must be paid for in full. An animal is deemed wounded when blood or other visual signs are found or when the PH and tracker both agree that the animal was wounded.
• Back up shots on wounded animals will be at the discretion of the PH. although he will try give the hunter all reasonable opportunity to finish off his own animal, he will shoot if he feels the animal will escape and suffer or be a danger to others.
• When driving with your rifle in the front of the vehicle the barrel must be pointed down to the floor at all times. The rifle must also be unloaded.
• At the start of each hunting day you may fill your magazine but may only chamber a round when your PH instructs you to do so.
• All firearms are to be in a gun case while driving on public roads. It can be a soft case. The firearm is to be completely unloaded whilst travelling.
• At the end of each day the rifle should be made safe and packed away.
Safari Trails Mozambique has a range of branded apparel available for sale. Please enquire from your PH or outfitter.
GR Signature Travel Insurance SM
Industry Leading Protection
Global Rescue is excited to introduce the Global Rescue Signature Travel Insurance program, an industry-leading travel insurance plan.Global Rescue is excited to introduce the Global Rescue Signature Travel Insurance program, an industry-leading travel insurance plan. This program was designed specifically for our partners and is an opportunity for you to earn higher commissions on a best-in-class travel insurance offering.
Added as an option, Global Rescue Signature Travel Insurance complements Global Rescue's world-class medical advisory, field rescue, evacuation and security extraction services to create a comprehensive travel protection program.
- Trip cost up to $100,000 per person - Trip cancellation protection
- Up to 150% of trip cost insured - Trip Interruption protection
- $100,000 - Emergency Medical & Dental Insurance
- $100,000 - Common Carrier Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- $2,500 / $500 - Lost or Stolen Luggage / Baggage Delay
- $2,000 - Sports Equipment Rental
- Up to 75% Cancel For Any Reason *if purchased within 20 days from initial trip payment
- Up to 75% Interrupt For Any Reason
Please let me know if you have any questions.
The plan includes insurance underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company, as well as non- insurance assistance services provided by Global Rescue.